- 1Visible: no other vehicle was in sightMore example sentences
- Sometimes on a country road you hit the traffic flow just right and find yourself in a kind of moving bubble where there are no other vehicles in sight fore or aft.
- They can easily turn into mobs, stoning everything in sight, private vehicles not excluded.
- I always signal, even if there's no other vehicle or person in sight.
- 1.1Near at hand; close to being achieved or realized: the minister insisted that agreement was in sightMore example sentences
- A grandiose scandal was sparked - with no end in sight in the near future.
- There appears to be no end in sight to the indefinite strike at Rossington Colliery, near Doncaster.
- Today, there's no price relief in sight for motorists at the bowser.
More definitions of in sightDefinition of in sight in:
- The British & World English dictionary