- 1The state of being inactive; idleness: don’t suddenly take up vigorous exercise after years of inactivityMore example sentences
- Unlike species in colder climates, tropical species experience a period of inactivity associated with the dry season.
- Muscle fibre composition does not appear to change during short periods of inactivity.
- To talk about an epidemic of obesity is like talking about a plague of inactivity or a contagion of overeating.
- 1.1Reluctance to take action; apathy: people are frustrated with government inactivityMore example sentences
- The idea of being refused had almost frozen John into inactivity.
- Despite his inactivity, he has taken his full allowance.
- The inactivity of the opposition movements currently in China is only a superficial phenomenon.