Definition of inane in English:
Silly; stupid: don’t constantly badger people with inane questions
More example sentences
- I bet you made up that whole stupid, inane, poorly written story about Ben Franklin and the seance.
- I try to be as stupid and inane as possible about serious subjects, like a bloke in a pub.
- Granted, the ‘how many times a day do you think about it’ question is completely inane.
- Example sentences
- For some reason, this suddenly struck me as extremely funny, and I nearly burst out giggling inanely right there.
- I know what some of you are thinking: ‘Oh, he's far too serious, and all he does is waffle on inanely, without providing any decent links to interesting sites around the net.’
- Often I just nod inanely and mutter’ fine’ even when I am less than impressed.
- Example sentences
- Technique is a helpful ally, but if you lean a little too heavily on computer graphics and other catch gizmos, they blind a viewer with inaneness.
- I would question you further, to demonstrate the inaneness of your comment, but I deem it unworthy of my time.
Words that rhyme with inaneabstain, appertain, arcane, arraign, ascertain, attain, Bahrain, bane, blain, brain, Braine, Cain, Caine, campaign, cane, cinquain, chain, champagne, champaign, Champlain, Charmaine, chicane, chow mein, cocaine, Coleraine, Coltrane, complain, constrain, contain, crane, Dane, deign, demesne, demi-mondaine, detain, disdain, domain, domaine, drain, Duane, Dwane, Elaine, entertain, entrain, explain, fain, fane, feign, gain, Germaine, germane, grain, humane, Hussein, Jain, Jane, Jermaine, Kane, La Fontaine, lain, lane, legerdemain, Lorraine, main, Maine, maintain, mane, mise en scène, Montaigne, moraine, mundane, obtain, ordain, Paine, pane, pertain, plain, plane, Port-of-Spain, profane, rain, Raine, refrain, reign, rein, retain, romaine, sane, Seine, Shane, Sinn Fein, skein, slain, Spain, Spillane, sprain, stain, strain, sustain, swain, terrain, thane, train, twain, Ujjain, Ukraine, underlain, urbane, vain, vane, vein, Verlaine, vicereine, wain, wane, Wayne
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.