Definition of incense cedar in English:
A columnar cedar with scalelike leaves that smell of turpentine when crushed, found chiefly in mountainous areas of California and Oregon and grown as an ornamental in Europe.
- Calocedrus decurrens, family Cupressaceae
- Over the hilly five acres grow native black oak, incense cedar, white fir and Coulter, knobcone, sugar and ponderosa pines.
- Many of the needle evergreens including yew, arborvitae, hemlock, and incense cedar make fine hedges.
- About 1/2 mile farther south, the trail leaves sunny terrain for cooler slopes shaded by sugar and Jeffrey pines, Douglas fir, and incense cedar trees.
Definition of incense cedar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.