- A caterpillar of a geometrid moth, which moves forward by arching and straightening its body. Also called looper, measuring worm, or spanworm.More example sentences
- I imagined little creatures - frogs, crickets, and inchworms - busying themselves.
- Unlike inchworms, we humans see the value of standardized measures: They foster reliable replication of a phrase and they make for easy togetherness.
- Experiments show that matchstick-size slivers of hydrogel, the type of material used for soft contact lenses, can ooze along like snails, slither like snakes, and creep ahead like inchworms.
More definitions of inchwormDefinition of inchworm in:
- The British & World English dictionary