(also incisura /ˌinˌsīˈZHo͝orə/)
noun (plural incisures or incisurae /-ˈsiZHərē/)Anatomy
- A deep indentation or notch in an edge or surface.More example sentences
- The anterior belly arose from the digastric fossa and inserted on the side of the tendinous hyoid body and the posterior belly arose from the mastoid incisura and inserted on the styloid process.
- A standard endaural incision is made passing through the incisura between the root of the helix and the tragus.
- Following endoscopy, a gastric ulcer was diagnosed in the incisura angularis of a 28-year-old carpenter/joiner.
More definitions of incisureDefinition of incisure in:
- The British & World English dictionary