- A device for measuring the angle of inclination of something, especially from the horizontal.More example sentences
- Horizontal movement is measured by inclinometers, and multiple-point vibrating-wire piezometers provide information on groundwater pressure.
- Measure the steepest section with an inclinometer.
- A nice group of levels and inclinometers were also sold.
mid 19th century: from Latin inclinare 'to incline' + -meter.
More definitions of inclinometerDefinition of inclinometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary