noun (plural incumbencies)
- The holding of an office or the period during which one is held.More example sentences
- His chief advantage is his incumbency and its inherent command of the free-media forum that will be pivotal over the next eight weeks.
- To minimize the advantages incumbency might otherwise confer on a lucky few, power should be shared as widely as possible consistent with maintaining order.
- One of the regrets of my incumbency, probably, should be that I have not given as much comfort and succour as I could have done, to all the local hostelries, taverns, or pubs.
More definitions of incumbencyDefinition of incumbency in:
- The British & World English dictionary