An invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one: incursions into enemy territory
More example sentences
- No doubt there are endless combinations of bombing campaigns and military incursions on the Pentagon's drawing board.
- When it became apparent that India was not going to attack, the cross-border incursions quickly rose again.
- Talk of invasions and incursions are rife at the moment and in Westport there is a similar discussion taking place.
attack on, assault on, raid on, invasion of, storming of, overrunning of, foray into, blitz on, sortie into, sally into/against, advance on/into, push into, thrust into, infiltration of
- More example sentences
- As its name suggests, the Stopwatch mode is time based, with one team attempting to complete a set of incursive mission objectives, while the other defends.
- Like a sysop coping with an online world in which it's always September, he strove to civilize and enlighten the incursive Goths, a barbarous people who held learning in contempt.
- But this is not where the effects have ceased their incursive influence on the lives of those exposed to HUM events.