Definition of indecency in English:
noun (plural indecencies)
1Indecent behavior: a law governing indecency on cable television
More example sentences
- Keith was convicted of five gross indecency and three indecent assault charges at Swindon Crown Court on Tuesday.
- Ward will be charged with lewd and lascivious behaviour, public indecency and public intoxication at the Calgary courthouse on Monday.
- That case, in combination with the more recent controversy, shows why it's time to get rid of broadcast indecency law forever.
1.1An indecent act, gesture, or expression.
- And those who shun the great sins and indecencies, and whenever they are angry, they forgive.
- In 1993, any reasonable facsimile of civilization would have had me committing indecencies with the bus station tarmac.
- Sun worshippers at Jomtien Beach this week were disturbed from doing the crossword after a man was observed shouting indecencies from behind an umbrella.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.