A colorless liquid hydrocarbon, obtained from coal tar and used in making synthetic resins.
- A bicyclic aromatic compound; chemical formula: C9H8
More example sentences
- The spectra were calibrated to an accuracy of 1 cm - 1 for intense isolated bands with indene as the standard for the high-frequency region.
- The spectra were calibrated with the lines of indene in the 200-1700 cm - 1 region and with the lines of acetone and potassium ferrocyanide in the 1600-2100 cm - 1 region.
- These indene polymers are suitable as dispergents, for example in dyestuff and pigment compositions.
Definition of indene in:
- The British & World English dictionary