Definition of indicia in English:
1Signs, indications, or distinguishing marks: learned footnotes and other indicia of scholarship
More example sentences
- That is why I am about to go through the various indicia which indicate that there is a limited extraterritorial effect in this legislation.
- Later I suggested a number of indicia for the definition of a political crime.
- These matters could be incidental indicia of a real partnership, but indicia of substance (partnership accounts, sharing of profits and expenses etc.) are simply not here.
1.1Markings used on address labels or bulk mail as a substitute for stamps.
- These are the indicias your printer needs to use for standard or non-profit mailings.
- Permit imprint indicias for international mail must be prepared in one of the formats shown in Exhibit 152.34.
- You can alter the locations and permit number on the indicias we provide to accommodate your mailing house's specifications.
Early 17th century: plural of Latin indicium, from index, indic- 'informer, sign'.
Words that rhyme with indiciaFelicia, Galicia, Lycia, Mysia
Definition of indicia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan