Definition of indigent in English:
- He would say ‘I grew up as an orphan and I emigrated as a poor and indigent person.’
- Besides learning criminal law, he learnt to investigate cases of police torture and providing free legal aid to the poor and indigent prisoners.
- Instead, they say, it has actually increased the gap between rich and poor countries and between well-off and indigent inhabitants within countries.
nounBack to top
A needy person.
- Automatons, illiterates and indigents of every shape and size, don't stop but aid this cruel crusade participate in their own demise.
- The Los Angeles County public hospital system nowadays mostly treats indigents: It was designed to treat everyone.
- He mingles among indigents and Mercedes drivers alike with gestures of acceptance and welcome.
Words that rhyme with indigentintelligent • negligent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.