Definition of indigent in English:
- He would say ‘I grew up as an orphan and I emigrated as a poor and indigent person.’
- Besides learning criminal law, he learnt to investigate cases of police torture and providing free legal aid to the poor and indigent prisoners.
- Instead, they say, it has actually increased the gap between rich and poor countries and between well-off and indigent inhabitants within countries.
nounBack to top
A needy person.
- Automatons, illiterates and indigents of every shape and size, don't stop but aid this cruel crusade participate in their own demise.
- The Los Angeles County public hospital system nowadays mostly treats indigents: It was designed to treat everyone.
- He mingles among indigents and Mercedes drivers alike with gestures of acceptance and welcome.
Words that rhyme with indigentintelligent • negligent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan