Definition of indigo snake in English:
A large, harmless American snake that typically has bluish-black skin that may be patterned. Also called cribo, blue gopher snake (see gopher snake).
- Drymarchon corais, family Colubridae
- The eastern indigo snake, which is on the federal list of threatened species, and the gopher tortoise also live here.
- And they could be competing with the eastern indigo snake for both prey and space.
- I've radio-tracked sandhill and whooping cranes, black bears, Florida panthers, alligators, gopher tortoises, fox squirrels and even an indigo snake.
Definition of indigo snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan