Definition of indigotin in English:
A dark blue crystalline compound that is the main constituent of the dye indigo.
- Chemical formula: (C8H6NO)2
- In 15 samples, carminic acid was found in combination with indigotin.
- The indican is oxidized to form the deep blue indigotin.
- Indigotin (from woad) was used in conjunction with other dyes to produce several purples (with madder) and a green (with the unidentified yellow).
Definition of indigotin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.