- A dark blue crystalline compound that is the main constituent of the dye indigo.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: (C8H6NO)2
- In 15 samples, carminic acid was found in combination with indigotin.
- The indican is oxidized to form the deep blue indigotin.
- Indigotin (from woad) was used in conjunction with other dyes to produce several purples (with madder) and a green (with the unidentified yellow).
More definitions of indigotinDefinition of indigotin in:
- The British & World English dictionary