Definition of indigotin in English:
A dark blue crystalline compound that is the main constituent of the dye indigo.
- Chemical formula: (C8H6NO)2
- In 15 samples, carminic acid was found in combination with indigotin.
- The indican is oxidized to form the deep blue indigotin.
- Indigotin (from woad) was used in conjunction with other dyes to produce several purples (with madder) and a green (with the unidentified yellow).
Definition of indigotin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan