- Into or within a building: they went indoors and explored the buildingMore example sentences
- Do you think you have been effective in getting the message out to stay indoors this time?
- Because I am still off sick I feel duty bound to stay indoors all day and do nothing.
- By staying indoors you are shutting out the elements that can help you lose weight.
nounBack to top
- The area or space inside a building: the rain makes indoors feel so warm and safeMore example sentences
- Britain's biggest seaside resort is putting its faith in the great indoors to secure its future.
- They were being confined to the indoors, as Deirdre had been for almost two years.
- It was good to get out of the indoors for more than five minutes, and not need to wear wet weather gear.
late 18th century (superseding earlier within doors): from indoor.