Definition of indri in English:
noun (plural indris /ˈindrēz/)
A large, short-tailed Madagascan lemur that jumps from tree to tree in an upright position and rarely comes to the ground.
- Indri indri, family Indriidae
- They range in size from the 2.5-inch pygmy mouse lemur (the world's smallest primate) to the indri, which is the size of a small child.
- Previous research on the brains of these animals had shown that indris have a much smaller olfactory bulb than do other lemurs.
- By contrast, not only did indris do much less scent marking in general, but also, during all my hours of observation, I never saw a single instance of overmarking.
Definition of indri in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia