Definition of indri in English:
noun (plural indrisˈindrēz)
A large, short-tailed Madagascan lemur that jumps from tree to tree in an upright position and rarely comes to the ground.
- Indri indri, family Indriidae
- They range in size from the 2.5-inch pygmy mouse lemur (the world's smallest primate) to the indri, which is the size of a small child.
- Previous research on the brains of these animals had shown that indris have a much smaller olfactory bulb than do other lemurs.
- By contrast, not only did indris do much less scent marking in general, but also, during all my hours of observation, I never saw a single instance of overmarking.
Definition of indri in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.