- 1The property of an electric conductor or circuit that causes an electromotive force to be generated by a change in the current flowing: the inductance of the winding an inductance of 40 mHMore example sentences
- The capacitance and inductance defines the resonant frequency.
- If current is decreasing, inductance will cause the current to decrease more slowly.
- Electronically tuned matching networks using adjustable inductance elements and resonant tank circuits
- 1.1A component with the property of inductance.More example sentences
- Lets take an electrical circuit, with two AC sources of the same frequency, acting on a purely reactive circuit (one that is made of capacitors and/or inductances only).
More definitions of inductanceDefinition of inductance in:
- The British & World English dictionary