Not practical, suitable, or advisable.
More example sentences
- In other words, an order for absolute discharge does not imply either conviction or that punishment is inexpedient: it implies a finding that the accused did the act in question and that an absolute discharge is the most suitable order.
- In many cases, the ICC will have jurisdiction to prosecute for a war crime where a domestic nation state refuses to act: even where the domestic state concludes that a prosecution would be politically inexpedient.
- In Hinduism, then, the wanton destruction of forests is not just something merely inexpedient, it is a sacrilege.
- More example sentences
- I say that the inexpediency is a very specific matter which is to be judged according to the legislative policy.
- They met to deliberate on the expediency or inexpediency of constituting a new Association.
- It did not grow into a real, shooting war just because each side, in assessing the adversary's capability, came to the conclusion about the inexpediency of exchanging nuclear strikes even in the most critical situations possible.