Definition of infantilize in English:
Treat (someone) as a child or in a way that denies their maturity in age or experience: seeing yourself as a victim infantilizes you
More example sentences
- Given this, it infantilizes him to ask us to root for him, as if he were a heart-touching runt.
- Does the birth of your children infantilize you?
- I'd just lost my mind and I was infantilised and it was very depressing.
- Example sentences
- A life devoted to instant gratification produces permanent infantilization: ‘at sixty-four… tastes are what they were at seventeen.’
- Or maybe it's really just the infantilization of men.
- I've talked before about the infantilization of the youth here.
Pronunciation: /ˌinfəntl-iˈzāSHən/ /inˌfan-/noun
Definition of infantilize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.