1Capable of causing infection.
- He had no infective, gastrointestinal, or respiratory symptoms and no arthralgias.
- Our results suggest that the enzymatic, inflammatory, and infective pathogenic elements could be individually treated.
- The gravid segment of the adult tapeworm breaks off and disintegrates in the large bowel, releasing hundreds of infective eggs, which then pass out with the feces.
1.1 dated Infectious: infective hepatitis
More example sentences
- Overall, I would summarise the position by saying that the potential for transmission of infective TSE prions to susceptible cattle, sheep and humans via environmental contamination is particularly unclear.
- Causes of chronic mitral regurgitation include infective endocarditis, degenerative valvular disease (mitral valve prolapse) and rheumatic fever.
- He was found to have severe mitral regurgitation associated with a ruptured mitral chord and infective endocarditis.
- Example sentences
- We are regularly told that head lice only transfer on prolonged head to head contact, that head lice off the head lose their infectiveness, and that wet combing is ineffective.
- The researchers have cloaked adenovirus with mannose and showed that the normal broad infectiveness of adenovirus is switched off, and that instead it is re-targeted to macrophage cells.
- The area of high-magnitude electric field causes disruption of cellular membranes and leads to a loss of cell viability and infectiveness.
Definition of infective in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.