Definition of infecund in English:
adjectiveMedicine & Zoology
(Of a woman or female animal) having low or zero fecundity; unable to bear children or young.
- The total proportion of infecund among 45-49 year olds is about 70% in most cases and among 40-44 year old it is about 50%.
- The experience of physicians shows that there are a number of infecund or sterile married couples in the population.
Late Middle English: from Latin infecundus, from in- 'not' + fecundus 'fecund'.
- Example sentences
- Women with either resolved or unresolved infecundity were significantly older than fecund women (mean = 31.6 yr, 32.1 yr, and 30.5 yr, respectively).
- Overall, the results of our analyses suggested that consumption of contaminated sportfish from Lake Ontario was not a significant risk factor for either resolved or unresolved infecundity.
- I was astonished to learn that throughout their life they have lived on the margins of the society, most of them unmarried or dumped due to infecundity, but they demonstrated far more tenacity and courage than any other sufferers.
Definition of infecund in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan