- Unfortunate; inappropriate: his illustration is singularly infelicitousMore example sentences
- Finally, do not feel unfortunate or infelicitous.
- Second, the Employment Tribunal's decision should be read generously and not overturned merely because of infelicitous or inappropriate statements which were looking at the matter in the round, of an inessential nature.
- ‘I think we need ‘Insensitivity Training’ to equip people to get through life without freaking out every time somebody opens their mouth and says something slightly infelicitous.’
- More example sentences
- After the war, Smith convinced prohibitionists to organize within the infelicitously named Anti-Dramshop Party.
- My own views, however infelicitously expressed, are more definitive and negative than yours.
- Second, the felicity, if I may infelicitously use the word, of death is zero.