Definition of infidelity in English:
noun (plural infidelities)
1The action or state of being unfaithful to a spouse or other sexual partner: her infidelity continued after her marriage I ought not to have tolerated his infidelities
More example sentences
- Sure, there are drugs and infidelities and deviant sexuality, but that's the exception for this otherwise decent lot.
- Affairs, infidelities, sexual peccadilloes fall generally outside the purview of inquisitive political eyes; at any rate, they do not make for fodder for a dirty election campaign.
- My lovely partner, Patrick, suffered the knowledge of my infidelities and witnessed my mental, physical, and spiritual decay.
2Unbelief in a particular religion, especially Christianity.
- It is said that he wouldn't stay in a room with men whose conversation was marked by infidelity and blasphemy.
- As a result of their infidelity, the people descended into moral and spiritual corruption.
- They are the righteous ones whose garments have not been soiled by infidelity to the patron of the universe.