Definition of inflationary in English:
1Of, characterized by, or tending to cause monetary inflation.
- So from a theoretical point of view it can be argued that an independent central bank may reduce the inflationary bias of monetary policy-making.
- But in the medium term looser fiscal and monetary policy poses serious inflationary risks.
- Whether these measures or a general economic downturn helped ease inflationary pressures in the housing market is open to argument.
2 Astronomy Of, relating to, or involving inflation.
- Some promising ideas, such as inflationary cosmology and string theory, already exist.
- In de Sitter space the universe expands exponentially, which is the basis of the inflationary model of the universe.
- But first there were intriguing developments to follow up in the field of inflationary cosmology.
Words that rhyme with inflationarydeflationary, probationary, stationary, stationery
Definition of inflationary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan