Definition of influence peddling in English:
The use of position or political influence on someone’s behalf in exchange for money or favors.
- But it eventually begins to dawn on him that sports is out of control, with too much money, sex, drugs, influence peddling, and politics.
- Quite apart from whether political influence peddling distorts criminal policy, does such peddling weaken the case for privatization?
- Rather, behind the vague slogan of ‘reform,’ they focused on such issues as political corruption and influence peddling in Washington.
influence peddler noun
- Example sentences
- It will have to clear out the influence peddlers, corporate lobbyists, spin-doctors and fund-raisers and return to first principles.
- No candidate is more scornful of the Washington insider class of lobbyists and influence peddlers.
- ‘And while I'm doing that, I will crack down on wasteful and abusive officials and influence peddlers,’ she said.
Definition of influence peddling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.