Definition of influence peddling in English:
The use of position or political influence on someone’s behalf in exchange for money or favors.
- But it eventually begins to dawn on him that sports is out of control, with too much money, sex, drugs, influence peddling, and politics.
- Quite apart from whether political influence peddling distorts criminal policy, does such peddling weaken the case for privatization?
- Rather, behind the vague slogan of ‘reform,’ they focused on such issues as political corruption and influence peddling in Washington.
influence peddler noun
- Example sentences
- It will have to clear out the influence peddlers, corporate lobbyists, spin-doctors and fund-raisers and return to first principles.
- No candidate is more scornful of the Washington insider class of lobbyists and influence peddlers.
- ‘And while I'm doing that, I will crack down on wasteful and abusive officials and influence peddlers,’ she said.
Definition of influence peddling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan