Flowing in: the influent lines were relocated while waste water was still flowing
More example sentences
- Use at least a 4-inch diameter sewer line (also known as influent line or distribution pipe) from the house to the lagoon.
- In summer, influent waters are commonly warm and enter the uppermost waters, but cooler rainwater falling at night may sink to the level of the thermocline before moving out into the basin.
- The high sludge yields were caused by unexpectedly high and erratic levels of influent solids for which the builders were not responsible.
1A stream, especially a tributary, that flows into another stream or lake.
- The method involves the steps of continuously flowing an influent into a treatment basin and continuously flowing an effluent out of the treatment basin into a clarifier.
- This proves that the presence of ASP effluent in the Knostrop influent is not detrimental to settlement and that the Knostrop influent is capable of good settlement with proper operation.
- In an extensive survey of U.S. wastewater treatment plants, Schulz has found perfluorinated compounds in influents and effluents.
1.1 Ecology A nondominant organism that has a major effect on the balance of a plant or animal community.
- fnu typically ranges from 0.00-0.04 for raw influents and from 0.00-0.05 for settled influents.
- In Chile, a pending study by Claudio Miranda, of the Laboratory of Aquatic Pathology, found antibiotic-resistant bacteria in fish farm effluent that was ‘significantly higher ‘than the influent, the feed or any other element.’
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of influent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.