noun[treated as singular] Computing
- The science of processing data for storage and retrieval; information science.More example sentences
- Neural networks are popular in computer science, business informatics, as well as statistics and neurology.
- In the context of biological informatics, metadata is an interoperability issue.
- His current research interests extend to bioinformatics, health informatics and smart Internet technologies.
More definitions of informaticsDefinition of informatics in:
- The British & World English dictionary