Definition of infowar in English:
1Hostile actions against an enemy’s information infrastructure.
- Did U.S. infowar commandos smuggle a deadly computer virus into Iraq inside a printer?
- The hacker known as ‘The Analyzer’ was sentenced Thursday in Israel to six months of community service for a series of intrusions into US Defense Department computers that triggered America's first full-blown infowar false alarm.
- It might be that Mr. Schily does not know anything about infowar, but I know a lot of countries see attacks coming at their computers from other countries.
2A propaganda war waged via electronic media.
- He seems a whole lot saner then he sounds on-air and on infowars.
- Especially in light of the Defense Secretary's blueprints for an escalated infowar of propoganda-making, media-hijack and story planting, etcetera, I think you are right.
- My guess is that early on in this war, the Department of Defense was instructed to leave Infowar operations to the State Department and the CIA.
Definition of infowar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.