- Sound waves with frequencies below the lower limit of human audibility.More example sentences
- Laser weapons, isotropic radiators, infrasound, non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse generators, and high-power microwave emitters have been mentioned.
- The answer, Zuckerwar explains, is that each one generates silent infrasound - long sound waves at a frequency below 20 hertz.
- When snow rushes down mountains, it pushes air before it and creates infrasound at frequencies below 8 Hz.
More definitions of infrasoundDefinition of infrasound in:
- The British & World English dictionary