Definition of ingravescent in English:
adjectiveMedicine , rare
(Of a condition or symptom) gradually increasing in severity.
- Radiation-induced arteriopathy is an ingravescent chronic lesion involving a myointimal hyperplasia and a remarkable fibrosis of the arterial outer layers.
- The diagnosis of Crohn's disease makes surgery mandatory in any form of the disease, because it is ingravescent.
Early 19th century: from Latin ingravescent- 'growing heavy or worse', from the verb ingravescere (based on gravis 'heavy').
- Example sentences
- It is known that thus produced PGD2 causes bronchoconstriction and vasodilation and involves in ingravescence of allergies.
- We formed a medical examination squad to achieve the early detection and prevention of the ingravescence of chronic disease.
Definition of ingravescent in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan