Definition of inhalant in English:
1.1A solvent or other material producing vapor inhaled by drug abusers.
- Participants have tried a wide range of other drugs including cocaine, amphetamines, ecstasy, inhalants and hallucinogenic plants.
- It includes the latest information on the health effects of inhalants, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin, in addition to information on drug abuse prevention and treatment strategies.
- This was only significant for those continuing to use alcohol but was in the same direction for tobacco, marijuana and inhalants.
adjective[attributive] chiefly Zoology Back to top
Serving for inhalation: inhalant canals
More example sentences
- Fine inhalant ostia are numerous and are dermal openings of small inhalant canals that locally extend from the dermal surface into the sponge for about half its thickness.
- Brianispongia has numerous inhalant ostia or pores and scattered exhalant exopores, as in the Wyoming sponge.
- Water is constantly pumped into the inhalant aperture, through the gills, and out the exhalant aperture by cilia.
Definition of inhalant in:
- British & World English dictionary