Definition of inhalant in English:
1.1A solvent or other material producing vapor inhaled by drug abusers.
- Participants have tried a wide range of other drugs including cocaine, amphetamines, ecstasy, inhalants and hallucinogenic plants.
- It includes the latest information on the health effects of inhalants, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin, in addition to information on drug abuse prevention and treatment strategies.
- This was only significant for those continuing to use alcohol but was in the same direction for tobacco, marijuana and inhalants.
adjective[attributive] chiefly Zoology Back to top
Serving for inhalation: inhalant canals
More example sentences
- Fine inhalant ostia are numerous and are dermal openings of small inhalant canals that locally extend from the dermal surface into the sponge for about half its thickness.
- Brianispongia has numerous inhalant ostia or pores and scattered exhalant exopores, as in the Wyoming sponge.
- Water is constantly pumped into the inhalant aperture, through the gills, and out the exhalant aperture by cilia.
Words that rhyme with inhalantassailant
Definition of inhalant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan