Definition of inhalation in English:
1The action of inhaling or breathing in: the inhalation of airborne particles with every inhalation air passes over the vocal cords
More example sentences
- Surrender to your next inhalation, let the breath breathe you, and simultaneously relax the body as much as possible.
- Amanda took a sharp inhalation of breath before burying her face in Greg's chest, trying to hide from it, but she had seen it anyway.
- A sharp inhalation of breath proved to Bryan that he was in fact getting somewhere with her, at which he had to suppress a smirk.
1.1 Medicine The inhaling of medicines or anesthetics in the form of a gas or vapor.
- Medicines were given orally, by inhalation or by enema.
- The medication is administered via inhalation using a plastic device included in the package with the medication.
- Thus, in 1914, anticholinergics by injection or inhalation were considered as first-line asthma therapies.
1.2 Medicine A preparation to be inhaled in the form of a vapor or spray.
- They can come in a wide range of formulations - including syrups, tinctures, lotions, inhalations, gargles and washes.
- She has a history of asthma attacks that are normally easily controlled with salbutamol inhalations.
Definition of inhalation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.