- The 8th shows gain from dowries, unexpected inheritances and legacies.
- Your children must pay gift tax on taxable gifts and inheritance tax on taxable inheritances (spouses do not pay this tax).
- The trust can accept and invest inheritances and gifts, and money from the trust can supplement the child's government benefits without jeopardizing them.
- In the event of a customary marriage only, customary inheritance laws are enforced.
- This, in my view, would be a distortion of the principles underlying customary law of succession and inheritance.
- Such epigenetic inheritance across somatic cell generations is well accepted.
Late Middle English (formerly also as enheritance): from Anglo-Norman French enheritaunce 'being admitted as heir', from Old French enheriter (see inherit).
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.