- The projecting part of the occipital bone at the base of the skull.More example sentences
- In these cases, the inion may be greatly enlarged.
- There is a slight occipital bunning and a very robust nuchal plane, inion, and mastoid/supramastoid region.
- For instance, bone thickness at inion averages 10.3 mm for A. afarensis and 12.8 mm for A. africanus.
early 19th century: from Greek, literally 'nape of the neck'.
More definitions of inionDefinition of inion in:
- The British & World English dictionary