Without a basic knowledge of mathematics and arithmetic.
- There are no contemporary estimates of how rapidly and how far literacy spread; nor is it possible for us to quantify it with the data provided by largely innumerate contemporaries.
- So nice, compassionate, slightly innumerate people who genuinely want to help the homeless could conceivably have been taken in.
- Even little innumerate old me spotted a discrepancy here.
A person lacking basic knowledge of mathematics and arithmetic.
- Now I know they are staffed by a load of hopeless innumerates, but come on guys…
- This is like protesting the menorah because it excludes the innumerate.
- One of the rarely admitted secrets about journalists is that many of us are functional ‘innumerates’ - another way of saying ‘mathematically illiterate.’
- Example sentences
- What are we to make of the breakdown of standards of intellectual discourse in this affair - the statistical innumeracy, the confusion of fairness with sameness, the refusal to glance at the scientific literature?
- I won't say that this reporter is biased, but there is this problem of the innumeracy of the press, which has also exhibited itself elsewhere during this episode.
- Let's call it a typo rather than an admission of my own innumeracy.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of innumerate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.