- The branch of chemistry that deals with inorganic compounds.More example sentences
- When Phillips began work in the the early 1800s, organic chemistry hardly existed as a science and his own studies were almost exclusively concerned with inorganic chemistry and mineralogy.
- In 1907 he joined the Académie des Sciences, and was offered the chair of inorganic chemistry at the University of Paris.
- The distinction between organic and inorganic chemistry became highly relative, and it has continued to evolve in that direction.
More definitions of inorganic chemistryDefinition of inorganic chemistry in:
- The British & World English dictionary