The fact or quality of insisting that something is the case or should be done: his insistence on unilateral nuclear disarmament
More example sentences
- Their insistence on quality has struck a particularly strong chord with older customers.
- What made Silicon Alley special was its insistence that content is king.
- He is uncompromising in his insistence on seeing the world from his own perspective and never pandering to audiences.
- More example sentences
- It was the first Cannes Film Festival of the new century, but it felt more like an end than a beginning, as the past returned, in film after film, with weight and insistency.
- But it is becoming apparent that these are all eclipsed by the English game's insistency on burying its head in the sand and claiming it's all okay, really.
- I'm not a Wings fan really, but I quite like the pulsating insistency and the layered backing vocals.