Definition of insistence in English:
The fact or quality of insisting that something is the case or should be done: his insistence on unilateral nuclear disarmament
More example sentences
- Their insistence on quality has struck a particularly strong chord with older customers.
- What made Silicon Alley special was its insistence that content is king.
- He is uncompromising in his insistence on seeing the world from his own perspective and never pandering to audiences.
- Example sentences
- It was the first Cannes Film Festival of the new century, but it felt more like an end than a beginning, as the past returned, in film after film, with weight and insistency.
- But it is becoming apparent that these are all eclipsed by the English game's insistency on burying its head in the sand and claiming it's all okay, really.
- I'm not a Wings fan really, but I quite like the pulsating insistency and the layered backing vocals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia