Definition of inspirit in English:
verb (inspirits, inspiriting, inspirited)[with object] (usually as adjective inspiriting)
Encourage and enliven (someone): the inspiriting beauty of Gothic architecture
More example sentences
- I'm still inspirited by how authentically she captures-she incarnates-Smith's signature style, her particular way of voicing herself, of being in the world.
- From ‘the cacophonous and diligent howling’ of dogs to the ‘enchanting and inspiriting sound of mandolins’, the paired adjectives are ‘correct and satisfactory’.
- To see the history I was engaged with being protected to maintain the large, inspiriting Nightingale narrative was a sobering, but not baffling, experience.
- Example sentences
- But then, Lord Jenkins is an inspiritingly undisappointed man.
Definition of inspirit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan