verb (inspirits, inspiriting, inspirited)[with object] (usually as adjective inspiriting)
Encourage and enliven (someone): the inspiriting beauty of Gothic architecture
More example sentences
- I'm still inspirited by how authentically she captures-she incarnates-Smith's signature style, her particular way of voicing herself, of being in the world.
- From ‘the cacophonous and diligent howling’ of dogs to the ‘enchanting and inspiriting sound of mandolins’, the paired adjectives are ‘correct and satisfactory’.
- To see the history I was engaged with being protected to maintain the large, inspiriting Nightingale narrative was a sobering, but not baffling, experience.
- More example sentences
- But then, Lord Jenkins is an inspiritingly undisappointed man.
Definition of inspirit in:
- The British & World English dictionary