Definition of instant message in English:
A message sent via the Internet that appears on the recipient’s screen as soon as it is transmitted.
- With respect to an online dating service you could use Skype to allow someone to actually talk to the other person, rather than use instant messaging.
- What other MSN or any instant messaging pet peeves do you have?
- For the vast majority of its users, the Internet represents e-mail and instant messaging.
verb(instant-message) [with object] Back to top
instant messaging noun
- Example sentences
- Even if you don't look at each and every email or instant message they send, you'll have a good idea if they are making smart choices online.
- That instant message you send from work could put your company's computer network at risk…
- Just before she began to read, an AOL instant message popped up at her, surprising her a little; she'd forgotten she'd signed on.
Definition of instant message in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan