Definition of insured in English:
Covered by insurance: the insured car a privately insured patient an insured risk
More example sentences
- The additional attraction with all-risks cover is that this insurance covers your insured articles on a 24-hour basis in all locations worldwide.
- Often it's cheaper to replace insured goods yourself rather than risk increased premiums.
- The bill for an insured patient depends on the contract between the carrier and the hospital.
noun(the insured) (plural same) Back to top
A person or organization covered by insurance.
- This type of insurance is also known as critical illness cover and pays out a lump sum when the insured is diagnosed with a serious illness covered under the policy.
- Essentially, it is an investment, similar to purchasing bonds that mature upon the insured's death.
- The first question is whether the broker acts as agent of the insured, of the insurer, or of both.
Definition of insured in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.