- Special medical treatment of a dangerously ill patient, with constant monitoring: [as modifier]: she’s in the intensive-care unitMore example sentences
- He created joint chairs for both anaesthesiology and intensive care at all Soviet medical schools.
- High risk obstetrics and neonatal intensive care are high cost, low volume specialties.
- The patient was immediately taken off the medication and given intensive care.
More definitions of intensive careDefinition of intensive care in:
- The British & World English dictionary