1Reciprocal action or influence: ongoing interaction between the two languages
More example sentences
- There is no human contact, just interaction between text and the reader.
- Influences may change over time, and interaction between them is negative and positive.
- There is a lot of interaction between boys and girls, rural kids and town kids and also the parents.
1.1 Physics A particular way in which matter, fields, and atomic and subatomic particles affect one another, e.g., through gravitation or electromagnetism.
- It is the quantum theory that describes the interaction between light and electric and magnetic forces.
- Physics is the science which deals with properties and interactions of matter and energy.
- The protons are set in motion and, being charged, they again deposit energy through electrical interactions.
- Example sentences
- My personal interactional style doesn't always translate well in just writing.
- On an interactional level, stability is observed relative to social relationships.
- These concerns are not speaker or listener-centred, but are shared by both speaker and listener; international communication is interactional, and meaning must be negotiated.
Words that rhyme with interactionabstraction, action, attraction, benefaction, compaction, contraction, counteraction, diffraction, enaction, exaction, extraction, faction, fraction, liquefaction, malefaction, petrifaction, proaction, protraction, putrefaction, redaction, retroaction, satisfaction, stupefaction, subtraction, traction, transaction, tumefaction, vitrifaction
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of interaction in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.