Definition of intercede in English:
Intervene on behalf of another: I begged him to intercede for Theresa, but he never did a thing
More example sentences
- It is only when Jupiter intercedes on her behalf that the marriage deteriorates.
- And nobody, not even the Turks, has yet interceded on their behalf.
- Had the Virgin Mary interceded on my behalf as a result of all that fervent prayer?
- Example sentences
- Often a third party interceder is the best way of securing some form of romantic relations between two people who are apparently unable to manufacture such unions by themselves.
- Two to four people are selected and meticulously prepared to act as effective interceders.