- Situated between the ribs: the fifth left intercostal spaceMore example sentences
- The diaphragm electrode was inserted at the ventral end of the seventh or eighth intercostal space.
- There were 3 smaller satellite lesions occupying the left first, fifth, and eighth intercostal spaces.
- Referral to a subspecialist also may be considered for patients who have more generalized pain related to irritation of a thoracic or intercostal nerve root.
nounBack to top
- A muscle situated between the ribs.More example sentences
- Fold your left leg over your right knee and cross over with your elbows to hit the transverse abdominus, intercostals and obliques.
- Another name for something similar to Tietze's syndrome is costal chondritis, which is the inflammation of the intercostals between the ribs.
More definitions of intercostalDefinition of intercostal in:
- The British & World English dictionary