(With reference to animals or plants of different breeds or varieties) interbreed or cause to interbreed.
- At least 8 of these were shown to be in the same linkage group by intercrossing.
- In this form it presumably could be maintained in a population against the tendency to swamping by intercrossing.
- One corn type they have introduced us to is called a ‘synthetic’, which is a deliberate mixture of a number of similar, improved lines that can be allowed to intercross in the field.
1An instance of intercrossing of animals or plants.
- A total of 116 female mice from an intercross between the strains were genotyped.
- We have mapped it by analysis of backcrosses and intercrosses between B6 mice and both susceptible strains.
- Homozygous mutants were obtained by intercrosses of the heterozygotes.
1.1An animal or plant resulting from this.
- Differences in the PRKAG3 gene sequences of the founder animals of the intercross were analyzed.
- The development of large numbers of molecular markers and interval-mapping methods paved the way for QTL mapping using intercrosses of inbred experimental organisms.
- The physical characteristics, vigor, and productivity of the intercrosses suggest that the negative effects of inbreeding in the Florida panthers of the 1970s are being remedied.
Definition of intercross in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.