Entry from British & World English dictionary
Taking place between cultures, or derived from different cultures: intercultural communication
More example sentences
- The separation of different population groups increased intercultural tensions and the different rates of progress led to political unrest and instability.
- Despite gaps between cultures, intercultural contact is age-old.
- This explains her wish as a novelist to encourage intercultural understanding among different peoples.
- Example sentences
- However, she went on, if we consider multiculturalism as a kind of interculturalism, this could improve matters.
- ‘Education can play a fundamental role in that because the promotion of interculturalism can be achieved in schools,’ he said.
- The money will be used to prepare guidelines to promote interculturalism in schools and seminars for second level principals.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: inter|cul¦tural
Definition of intercultural in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.