- 1Situated or placed between the teeth.More example sentences
- This includes brushing your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and flossing or interdental brushes to clean in between the teeth daily.
- It is very important if your gums are bleeding to clean them more thoroughly, not less, ensuring that you brush every surface of the tooth and clean in between the teeth with dental floss or interdental brushes.
- The most common cause of redness is gingivitis, in which the erythema is usually restricted to the gingival margins and interdental papillae.
- 1.1 Phonetics (Of a consonant) pronounced by placing the tip of the tongue between the teeth, such as the “th” sounds in the English words “thaw” and “though.”.More example sentences
- In other words, it's a voiced interdental fricative.
- The lamino-dentals were very likely once interdental, as their cognates are in some related languages.
nounPhonetics Back to top
More definitions of interdentalDefinition of interdental in:
- The British & World English dictionary