- A fit between two parts in which the external dimension of one part slightly exceeds the internal dimension of the part into which it has to fit.More example sentences
- The T101 temper substantially increases compressive yield strength, improving the ability of a bearing housed in a material of lower thermal expansion to maintain an interference fit through cycles of heating and cooling.
- Each hole is progressively smaller, and the corresponding plugs of heavy metal are turned on a lathe to produce the correct interference fit.
- These methods theoretically enhance the ‘interference fit’ and thus provide more rigid fixation of the hamstring graft.
More definitions of interference fitDefinition of interference fit in:
- The British & World English dictionary