- A region between the valleys of adjacent watercourses, especially in a dissected upland.More example sentences
- On the interfluves of incised valleys, sequence boundaries are marked by palaeosols that locally have a distinctive leached, potassium-depleted character.
- The saline crust is well developed on the interfluves between the valleys and shows little or no evidence for active runoff.
- Even extensive surfaces such as the plateaus of Africa and Great Plains of North America are largely comprised of hill slopes of low angle between barely definable interfluves and valley floors.
early 20th century: back-formation from interfluvial.
More definitions of interfluveDefinition of interfluve in:
- The British & World English dictionary